Easter is just around the corner which means its time for family, food and (for us Christians) celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. In our humble opinion, there is no better way to do that than spending some time with family and friends over a good meal! Here are some recommendations for brunch and dinner that are accepting reservations for Easter!
1. Della’s After Dark- On recommendation from a friend, since we have never had the opportunity to dine here, Della’s is offering some mouth watering dishes this Sunday from 10:30am -3:30pm. Just reading some of these items makes me hungry: Tiramisu French Toast (Are you for real?!), Jalapeno Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits!?!… how about some chorizo gravy or a fresh squeezed orange juice mimosa? Please report back on your experience if you decide to dine in… Reservations are currently open and can be made online at dellasafterdark.com or by calling (813) 684-3354.
2. Carmel Cafe- One of our favorite spots for brunch, dinner or just a glass of wine after a long day at work. Carmel Cafe is always dishing up tasty brunch dishes. If you haven’t had a chance to stop in, this is the perfect time. The atmosphere is great for a relaxing afternoon. There are five locations around the bay area so check out the website to find the one nearest to you.
3. Birch & Vine- Located on Beach Drive in St. Pete, this new addition to the strip has been hot, hot, hot! We stopped in a while back for an event and fell in love with the atmosphere, the view and of course the food (we ordered from the bar!). We can only imagine the delectable food that will be served this Sunday. Easter Brunch will be served from 10am-4pm and you can check out the menu by clicking here! I already made my decision; the Eggs Benedict with steak cut bacon, pretzel english muffin, drizzled with hollandaise and served with sweet pepper hash (yum!).
4. Datz- As if you needed another reason to head into Datz, why not make it brunch, lunch or even dinner this Sunday? This might be your chance to try their amazing Red Velvet Pancakes!! You can easily make a reservation online at datztampa.com! Be sure to get it done soon as Datz is always crowded with hungry foodies and patrons.
5. Edison Food & Drink Lab- This funky foodie joint near the University of Tampa is a great place to expand your palette with their Breaking Brunch menu! They will be serving up breakfast and lunch plates but also some interesting sharing platters,like House Gravlax Gnosh, Mexican Holiday & Iced Plat de Fruit de Mar, that are sure to keep you chatting. Make a reservation here and let them know you are coming on Facebook.
Please join us for brunch on Easter Sunday, 4/20/14! http://t.co/Oj1gNFnOjN
— edison:food+drinklab (@edisonfooddrink) April 7, 2014
6. Columbia Restaurant- Have you been to this Tampa Bay staple yet? If not, they are offering their full a la carte dinner menu with some specials just for Easter that include Baked Virginia Ham and Stuffed Leg of Lamb! So call ahead to reserve your seats at one of the bay area locations.
7. Bavaros Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria- If you have never had a wood-fired pizza with proscuitto and a fried egg, you have not lived! I know my friends over at #FoodieChats would agree! Need I say more? Head over to Bavaros homepage to make a reservation now.
Happy Easter and Happy Eating! We hope you enjoy your new adventures with friends and family. Please connect with us on Facebook so we can hear all about your experiences.